State law, Public Act 095-0869, requires that we provide grades 3rd through 8th with internet safety instruction. Below we have provided resources/instruction about internet safety from outside organizations and other resources provided by Illinois State Board of Education.
The recommended internet safety topics includes:
- Safe and responsible use of social networking websites, chat rooms, electronic mail, bulletin boards, instant messaging, and other means of communication on the Internet.
- Recognizing, avoiding, and reporting online solicitations of students, their classmates, and their friends by sexual predators.
- Risks of transmitting personal information on the Internet.
- Recognizing and avoiding unsolicited or deceptive communications received online.
- Recognizing and reporting online harassment and cyber-bullying.
- Reporting illegal activities and communications on the Internet.
- Copyright laws on written materials, photographs, music, and video.
Internet Safety - Resources
ISBE - Internet Safety - Resources
Common Sense K-12 Digital Citizenship Curriculum
Common Sense K-12 Digital Citizenship Assessments
Common Sense Digital Passport (3rd-5th)
Common Sense Digital Compass (6th-8th)
Sammy's Guide to Internet Safety by The Internet Experts
Parent and Teacher Guide to the Internet - By Internet.Frontier.com
Toolkit for Digitally Literate Teachers
Provided by © 2019 USC Rossier School of Education
INDY - The Internet Guide by The Internet Experts
Be Internet Awesome By Google
NetSmartz - Basic Internet Safety
NetSmartz: Kinder-5th Online Safety Presentation
NetSmartz: Teaching Materials
NetSmarts: Spanish Language Resources
Stop. Think. Connect - Student Resources