|Address and Contact Information:||Administration:|
715 MEADOW AVE
ROCKDALE IL 60436
Dr. Paul Schrik
The District Office and the Elementary School are in the same building.
The school day is from 8:50am-3:30pm. Students should not arrive at school before 8:20am unless they are attending approved school activities. Students should arrive at school between 8:20am and 8:40am. Those receiving breakfast should arrive at 8:20am to allow adequate time to eat. All students should use the front door entrance on Meadow Ave.
All classes will end at 3:30pm, with students then gathering their belongings and dismissing. Thus, students will depart school at 3:35pm unless asked to remain after school to complete school work with a teacher or take part in an activity supervised by a staff member. Students should go directly home after school. Parents should make arrangements with their children before the school day of any changes in this procedure.
School Office Hours
8:00 am - 3:45 pm
All visitors, including parents and siblings, are required to enter through the front (Meadow Ave.) door of the building and proceed immediately to the main office. Visitors should identify themselves and inform office personnel of their reason for being at school.
Visitors must sign in, identifying their name, the date and time of arrival, and the classroom or location they are visiting. Approved visitors must take a tag identifying themselves as a guest and place the tag to their outer clothing in a clearly visible location. Visitors are required to proceed immediately to their location in a quiet manner. All visitors must return to the main office and sign out before leaving the school.
Visitors are expected to abide by all school rules during their time on school property. A visitor who fails to conduct himself or herself in a manner that is appropriate will be asked to leave and may be subject to criminal penalties for trespass and/or disruptive behavior.
Parents wishing to visit the school for consultation with the teacher must schedule an appointment through the office. Students visiting must clear their visits through the Superintendent or Principal at least one day in advance.
Guidance & Counseling
The school provides social work services for students. The school’s social worker is available to those students who require assistance.
General Building Conduct
Rockdale School utilizes a Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) model for discipline. Students are expected to follow the universal rules of respecting everyone, respecting the environment, and respecting learning.
Rules Grades K-8:
- Respect authorities
- Use appropriate language and behavior at school
- Respect peers
- Keep hands, feet and objects to self
- Respect property of school and others
- Follow Parent/Student Handbook rules
- Maintain appropriate behavior for the learning environment
Expectations for Athletic Events and School Activities
The school administration wants all students to enjoy attending athletic events and school activities held at Rockdale School, as well as athletic events when Rockdale participates at other schools. We expect students to behave in a proper manner at all athletic events. Remember, whether you are on an athletic team or a spectator, you are representing our school.
Students who do not abide by the athletic rules may be asked to leave the event and may receive other consequences according to the disciplinary policy.
- Any student grades K-4 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, grandparents or older brother or sister. The older brother or sister cannot be a participant in the event.
- Any student who leaves the building during a game will not be allowed to return.
- While a game is played, students are allowed to go to their seats while the clock is stopped.
- Congregating or loitering in the halls is not permitted, except between games and at half-time.
- No pop or food (candy, pizza, gum, etc.) will be allowed out of the cafeteria area.
- Any student who behaves in an improper manner may not be allowed to attend any future athletic events.
- Students who continually go in and out of the gym will be told to leave the building.
- Booing or unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated. If you wish to cheer for our team, do it in a sportsmanlike manner (no foot-stomping on the bleachers, booing, etc.).
- Our school prohibits the wearing of hats by students in the building at any time.
- No “shooting around: of basketballs before, between, or after games will be permitted by anyone not playing in the event.
- Athletic team members must be supervised by a coach at all times.
- Any Rockdale student ejected from an activity for gross misbehavior will be suspended from all activities for the remainder of the semester.
- For all away game in which boys and girls teams are traveling together, the teams must sit separate on the buses.
Sex Offender & Violent Offender Community Notification Laws
State law requires that all school districts provide parents/guardians with information about sex offenders and violent offenders against youth.
- You may find the Illinois Sex Offender Registry on the Illinois State Police’s website at:
- You may find the Illinois Statewide Child Murderer and Violent Offender Against Youth Registry on the Illinois State Police’s website at: